IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST, LEAD/ADVANCED
GIS Data Processing Programmer
|Department||DNR - Watershed Services|
|Date Opened||1/21/2022 12:12:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/4/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,822.00 - $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Laurita Lesperance|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Experience: Six years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college and university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field. Six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credits from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Geographic Information Technology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology or environmental related field.
• 5+ years of experience working with GIS, knowledge of GIS web platforms and experience programming these platforms.
• Experience working with federal and state coastal datasets, LiDAR data, imagery data, database management and creation.
• Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess at least one of the following certifications/licenses or the experience and credentials to receive any one of the certifications/licenses within one year of employment.
-GIS Professional (GISP) from the GIS Certification Institute (GISCI)
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Laurita Lesperance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.