Reimagine a career in public service. At WCC, we are collaborative and team oriented, innovative in our approach, and passionate about our work. We thrive on initiative, creativity and challenges to the status quo. Our employees are valued and empowered. We are proud of our achievements and consider excellence a continuous journey…not a destination end point. If you've got the right stuff: solid .NET Framework 4.x+ software development skills and a passion for your work, come journey with us.
The Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission seeks to secure the equitable and timely administration of the provisions of the Maryland Workers' Compensation law on behalf of its customer, the injured workers and their employers, by providing an efficient forum for the resolution of individual claims.
The Workers' Compensation Commission envisions a state wherein injured workers and employers are empowered to create an equitable partnership to facilitate prompt and fair resolution of workers' compensation matters.
Together we profoundly touch the lives of so many people and have enormous responsibility to the community by fulfilling our mission of securing equitable and timely administration of the law. The Commission continues to provide services to our constituent partners at a level rarely met throughout the United States. The professionalism, work ethic, and technological acumen manifest in our operations allows us to smoothly and effectively manage the challenges which invariably arise. Every division within the agency plays a vital role in keeping us in the forefront nationally...ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AND PURSUE YOUR CAREER PASSION WITH A NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED LEADER?
LOCATION OF POSITION
10 E Baltimore St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The State of Maryland Workers’ Compensation Commission is currently seeking an energetic, versatile, and highly skilled .NET Software Developer in the position of IT Programmer Analyst II. The .NET Software Developer role is to develop, test, and implement a broad range of .NET web-based software projects. Focus areas include internal business unit applications, external customer applications and services, delivery of business efficiencies, and ensuring high levels of application availability in support of the Agency's mission.
The.NET Software Developer II has a strong customer focus, using innovative approaches to deliver effective technology solutions that also delight customers. The position develops solutions to solve key business and compliance needs in an integrated and simple manner, building in extensibility and security, and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to best practices.
• Work with internal and external customers to define technical solution requirements that support and facilitate business processes and compliance requirements
• Develop, implement and enhance ASP.NET software applications within the Commission’s relational database, online services web portal, enterprise content management, and workflow environments.
• Work with DBA team to define, test, and implement database designs to support software releases.
• Use highly effective oral and written communications skills to gather requirements and to develop clearly written, understandable, and complete project/user documentation for all assigned projects.
• Provide high level technical support for complex software problems
• Work on developing new applications using low code platform tools
Experience: Five years of experience, one year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools and an additional four years of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional four years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field and one year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
The following is a required qualification. Candidates MUST possess the following:
One year professional experience developing, testing, implementing and maintaining web software applications on IIS 7.5+ systems using Visual Studio, and .NET Framework 4.x+ with ASP.NET, C#, jQuery, and HTML5
Applicants must meet the selective qualification to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification
Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
Employee may be required to be on-call or occasionally or asked to work outside of normal work hours or on weekends for production emergencies as well as planned system upgrades and therefore required to provide the agency with a telephone number or other mutually agreeable contact method where the employee can be reached.
Employee may be required to drive to Agency Regional Site locations and must have a valid Driver's License.
Applications will be evaluated based on the materials submitted in relation to the above position responsibilities and requirements. Therefore, it is important to provide complete and accurate information. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number (22-004470-0010) on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Please include your resume and supplemental questions along with your completed employment application.
Completed application, supplemental questionnaire, and supportive documentation, may be mailed to:
MD Workers' Compensation Commission
Attn: Personnel Department 7th floor
10 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
For information regarding this recruitment, please email email@example.com or contact 410-864-5230.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay