NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN IV
|Department||DNR - Wildlife and Heritage Service|
|Date Opened||8/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,937.00 - $59,832.00/year|
|HR Analyst||dawn croxton|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Five years of experience, three years of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management and an additional two years of experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries.
1. Candidates may substitute the completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 credit hours must be in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, forest technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study and three years of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education beyond the 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience operating farming or heavy equipment such as tractors, loaders, dozers, etc. with Commercial Class A or B driver’s license is preferred.
- Experience performing routine maintenance on vehicles and farm equipment or heavy equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of habitat management techniques experience is preferred.