INTERNAL AUDITOR SUPERVISOR
Sports Wagering Audit Supervisor
|Department||MLGCA Video Lottery Terminal|
|Date Opened||8/5/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,493.00 - $100,547.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcus Staten|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Manage the sports wagering divisions audit function that has oversight over all operations of sports wagering licensees which includes;
1. Report to Director of Audit and Regulatory Compliance;
2. Conduct risk assessment and develop annual audit plan showing the facilities, licensees and activities to be audited, and time and staff allocated for audits;
3. Prepare and monitor monthly audit hours budget;
4. Train department staff;
5. Design and implement audit programs specific to each sports wagering licensees’ operations;
6. Plan, supervise, coordinate, assign and evaluate the work of Sports Wagering Auditors assigned to perform audits;
7. Conduct conferences with management of sports wagering licensees to discuss audit findings and to recommend corrective action;
8. Coordinate review and approval of audit reports and discussion notes;
9. Coordinate audit follow-up with department staff to ensure corrective action has been taken;
10. Review operator financial statements and other financial and audit related activities; and
1. Supervising staff assigned to controlled demonstrations; and
2. Researching regulations, policies and procedures.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a Master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS