SECURITY ATTENDANT NURSING I, PERKINS *REPOST*
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
|Department||MDH Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||11/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/13/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,660.00 - $54,229.00/year with the potential growth to $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Zaria Matthews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: High School diploma or high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission Regulation.
Experience: One year of experience in direct patient care in a psychiatric setting.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university with completion of the Mental Health Technology curriculum where the supervised practicum was in a mental health setting for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer/Specialist classifications or Internment/Resettlement Specialist and Correctional specialty codes in the security field of work on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to successfully complete training in and maintain a current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Prior to permanent appointment, employees must satisfactorily complete a Maryland Department of Health approved in-service training program which includes modules in Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behavior (PMAB), Resident Rights (R.I. ethics), Clinical Competency Skills To Include Documentation and Hospital-Wide Competency Skills.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.