MSP Emergency Dispatcher Trn
|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||9/30/2022 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,320.00 - $63,797.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Divita Washington|
This Recruitment is currently hiring for Howard County. It is also for future vacancies in the Central Region to include Baltimore and Carroll Counties. Please check the counties in which you are interested in working. It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to ANSWER ALL SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
1. Monitor and communicate with MSP and other public safety personnel via two-way multi-channel radios and maintain required documentation of same.
2. Utilize METERS/NCIC/NLETS to obtain, update, disseminate and accurately transmit information within the Department and to other law enforcement and criminal justice agencies.
3. Utilize telephones in a professional manner to provide necessary guidance and information to Departmental personnel and the general public.
4. File and maintain METERS/NLETS messages, and various required logs associated with the communications center operations.
5. Interact with Department personnel, allied agencies and the general public.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. One year of dispatching experience in a 911 (police/emergency) services environment utilizing a CAD (computer aided dispatch) system.
2. One year of experience in a multi-faceted work environment using data entry keyboard functions and a multi-line telephone system.
3. A combination of one year of emergency dispatch training, education and/or experience.
1. Applicants for positions in this classification will be subject to an extensive background investigation prior to appointment.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to provide the employing barrack with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be place on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police - Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, Maryland 21208
ATTN: Divita Washington
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.