ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
Human Resources Administrative Support
|Department||DNR - Human Resource Service|
|Date Opened||8/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$20.56 - $32.63/hour|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Services (HRS) team.
- Employees in this classification type on keyboards of personal computers for completing data entry as well as using word processing software.
- Processes incoming requests including documents submitted for review/approval.
- Prepares responses, provides guidance, and handles other correspondences for HRS.Answers questions and inquiries regarding HR-related matters.
- Coordinates efforts to obtain signatures and approvals for HR-related documents.
- Maintains confidential employee personnel and medical files, spreadsheets, and logs ensuring administrative records for HRS are accurately kept.
- Maintains the required highest level of confidentiality of highly sensitive personnel information
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external stakeholders.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|