|MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent
|12/12/2022 5:00:00 PM
|4/7/2023 1:00:00 PM
|$44,804.00 - $71,124.00/year
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
***REPOST - PREVIOUS CONTRACTUAL APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY***
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Documents technical assistance requests, OEAC appeals and complaints, answer equity related questions, transfer calls to OEAC Director and route unrelated calls/questions to the appropriate internal and external office(s).
- Maintains database for employees certified to participate on interview panels.
- Creates and maintains databases for all training provided by the Equity Assurance and Compliance Office by title, date, job service, age, race, and gender of participant on a fiscal year basis.
- Creates and maintains office inventory of equipment and furniture in the Equity Assurance and Compliance Office by State identification tag number and verify inventory for MSDE Property Control Manager.
- Coordinates various training; schedule and handling logistics of office related meetings and conferences (in-person and virtual) ensuring participants and OEAC Director are appropriately accommodated when necessary.
- Maintains an efficient functioning office utilizing organizational, multitasking, and decision-making skills necessary to ensure operational effectiveness of the Equity Assurance and Compliance Office.
- Conducts online research as requested.
- Compose timely office correspondence using proper MSDE editing and style guide utilizing current and effective word processing and data management systems
- Processes correspondence through the MSDE Workflow system.
- Prepares reports, surveys, and other statistical data for the OEAC Director.
- Maintains confidential files, reports, records, and other materials, including state archiving filing systems
- Manage and restock lactation room, supplies and key management
- Manage and coordinate Visual Communications Services (VCS)and Foreign Language Interpretation and Translation Services (FLITS) upon request.
- Assists and acts as a host, co-host and/or moderator on virtual platforms such as Google Meets, Zoom, Webex, Microsoft teams, etc.
- Act as liaison for OEAC procurement matters
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration or Personnel Specialist classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Special Assistant or Secretarial fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Six (6) months of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
& Google Office Suite/Workspace
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience coordinating and scheduling training
- Experience with hosting and monitoring meetings with online virtual platforms
- Experience creating and maintaining databases
- Experience analyzing data collection
- Experience with preparing and writing various office correspondence
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the
applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-333-8950 or mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, c/o Marcia Cooper Stokes, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.