Administrator II - 437840
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||9/28/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,992.00 - $88,315.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 17
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Creates content/graphics for social media and web platforms.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations and visually appealing excel sheets.
- Translates complex data into impactful charts, and graphs.
- Designs and develops templates that can be used by MSDE team members.
- Develops and designs single pagers, signage, job description templates, and social media recruitment graphics.
- Develops and creates content layout programs to design brochures, reports and additional printed material for internal and external publications and newsletters.
- Creates design elements for displays, conferences.
- Consults with the Office of Communications and Community Engagement and the Office of Human Resources and manages timelines and deadlines
- Assists with tracking projects and manages project timelines to meet deadline.
- Supports and assists with Communication projects for MSDE initiatives, including displays, overall branding, working with vendors.
- Provides support for photography and visual aids as needed.
- Oversees graphics related small procurement/ printing/ works with consultants as needed.
- Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficient with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) to create effective graphics for web and printed. communications pieces (for example: annual reports, manuals, brochures, and trade show displays.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient with Press-press and knowledge of print production.
- Experience with SharePoint and WordPress is highly desired.
- Marketing and public relations experience a plus.