Central Payroll Bureau
|Department||COMP Central Payroll Bureau|
|Date Opened||6/15/2022 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/29/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
This is a position specific recruitment. The resulting certified eligible list may be used to staff several current and future vacancies for this position/function only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
In this position you will perform the duties of a Program Administrator, responsible for ensuring all State agencies remain in compliance with documented reconciliation procedures between external Timekeeping Systems and the Central Payroll Bureau ‘Gross to Net Calculations and Reporting’ process. This effort involves developing, administering and compliance evaluation of procedures as they apply to any/all State agencies. Additional responsibilities to include the review and documentation of existing payroll procedures, accompanied by recommendations to streamline non-effective processes. When assigned, you would offer independent evaluations to the Director or Deputy Director on the impact of suggested major system enhancements or core system upgrade considerations.
- Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
- Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Auditing Experience
- Experience in tracking and monitoring multiple ongoing projects
- Ability to work independently
- Collaborative attitude
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
THIS RECRUITMENT IS LIMITED TO CURRENT TEMPORARY, CONTRACTUAL AND PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE COMPTROLLER OF MARYLAND
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#