MWE Help Desk Technical Specialist
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Ofc of the Asst Secy|
|Date Opened||9/30/2022 1:13:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24.76 - (With Potential Growth to $30.93/hour)|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide help desk support to staff and public customers.
- Assist with data reports, data change requests and establishment of new user accounts.
- Support the System Administrator in testing system functionality, attending meetings/trainings, and assisting with specialized system projects.
- Assist with system training, instructional materials and documentation support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Five years of administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute 30 college credit hours from an accredited college or university for each year up to four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Six (6) months in providing system training and development of manuals, and instructional materials
- Six (6) months experience using Microsoft Office programs.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
Applications that meet minimum and/or selective qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.