|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||12/8/2022 11:48:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35.64 - $57.34/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Incumbent is responsible for project programming and budget development for capital construction projects.
- Incumbent is responsible for managing the development of project design, and owner representation for facility renewal and capital construction projects contracted by the Department of General Services on behalf of MDH.
- Incumbent is responsible for supporting real property initiatives on behalf of MDH and in support of the implementation of the MDH 2041 Facilities Master Plan.
- Incumbent manages consultants providing planning, design, and construction oversight services.
- Incumbent promotes interagency coordination for the successful completion of projects.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Project Management, Real Estate Development or Business;
- Experience working in architecture or engineering, or construction, or construction;
- Experience managing large complex building building projects;
- Experience working in healthcare facility planning or clinical planning;
- LEED Accredited Professional or Building Energy Performance professional certification;
- Demonstrated project management experience and the ability to manage multiple competing demands including the ability to work with limited supervision;
- Experience developing/managing the development of building programs;
- Knowledge of DGS Procurement Process for retaining consultants and management of AE firms for the development of Capital Building Projects;
- Knowledge of DGS Professional Services Procedures and DGS Procurement Processes for Construction Services and construction administration;
- Experience developing capital project budgets; and,
- Experience managing consultants, including the management of healthcare planners, architects, MEPS engineers, building performance designers.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|