SOCIAL SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR III
|Department||DHS - Social Services Administration|
|Date Opened||11/7/2022 10:31:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/29/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$63,556.00 - $79,734/year with a potential growth to $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
EDUCATION: A Master's degree in social work from an accredited college or university approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
EXPERIENCE: Seven years of professional experience in a social work capacity in a public or private agency or institution, four years must have been in an administrative, supervisory or consultative capacity.
1. These requirements are established by the Social Service Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article 4-204 of the Annotated Code of Maryland and the Maryland Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year- for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year experience in the development of budget and planning documents for a human service or social service program.
One year experience in managing and assisting in the direction and supervision of activities and tasks of assigned personnel.
One year experience and the ability to plan, develop, coordinate, and implement State and federal laws, policies and procedures, rules and regulations pertaining to Out of Home Care in public social services.
One year experience with the ability to evaluate existing services and plan new services as needed.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Social Work Examiners.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties are required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits, including: health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. CLICK ON THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS: STATE OF MARYLAND BENEFITS
· Personal Leave - new State employees are awarded six (6) personnel days annually (prorated based on start date).
· Annual Leave - ten (10) days of accumulated annual leave per year.
· Sick Leave - fifteen (15) days of accumulated sick leave per year.
· Parental Leave - up to sixty (60) days of paid parental leave upon the birth or adoption of a child.
· Holidays - State employees also celebrate at least twelve (12) holidays per year.
· Pension - State employees earn credit towards a retirement pension.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Scott Waddel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay