|Department||DJS Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center|
|Date Opened||10/12/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/16/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,353.00 - $45,776.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Laurita Lesperance|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center
300 North Gay Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Experience: Three years of experience in food preparation at a public or governmental establishment, such as a restaurant, hospital or comparable institution involving the cooking of meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverages.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a major in food service or a related field for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Culinary classifications or Food Services specialty codes in the Equipment Services and Facilities field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualifications. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of experience in the preparation of food involving the cooking of meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverages in an institutional setting such as hospitals, nursing homes, universities or correctional facilities.
2. Possession of a High School Diploma/GED.
3. Possession of a ServSafe Certification.
4. One year experience with the Federal Nutrition Program.
The online application submission process is strongly encouraged. However, if you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the address below or fax a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application and supplemental questionnaire must be received by 5 p.m., close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment. Postmarked applications will not be accepted after the closing date. Incorrect and/or incomplete application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
Attn: Laurita Lesperance
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.