ALCOHOL AND DRUG PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR PROVISIONAL
Addictions Counselor (Repost)
|Department||DJS Green Ridge Youth Center|
|Date Opened||9/8/2022 2:55:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,466.00 - $77,504.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Green Ridge Youth Center (GRYC)
Main Purpose of Job
- Alcohol and Drug, Certified Professional Counselor will learn the tasks for, with those clients with the most complex problems, treatment services will be provided, including treatment planning with the youth to identify and rank problems, establish immediate and long-term goals and decide upon a treatment process and the resources to be utilized; individual, group, and family counseling to assist individuals, families, or groups in achieving objectives through exploration of a problem and its ramifications, examination of attitudes and feelings; consideration of alternative solutions; and decision-making; case management to bring services, agencies, resources, or people together within a planned framework of action toward the achievement of established goals; crisis intervention to address acute emotional and/or physical distress and client education to provide information to alcohol and other drug abuse and the available services and resources.
- Alcohol and Drug, Certified Professional Counselor will learn the tasks for, with those clients with the most complex problems, coordination and documentation of services, including referral for additional services to address identified needs that cannot be met by the counselor and aftercare planning for support systems and community resources after a youth is released from the program; record keeping documenting assessments, treatment plans, reports, progress notes, discharge summaries and other client-related data and consultation with in-house staff or outside professionals to assure comprehensive, quality care for the client.
- Alcohol and Drug, Certified Professional Counselor will learn the tasks for, with those clients with the most complex problems, admission of youth into the Substance Abuse programs, including screening to determined appropriateness for admission for alcohol and drug counseling; intake for admission; orientation, describing to the client the general nature and goals of the program; rules governing and client rights; and assessment which identifies and evaluates strengths and weaknesses, problems, ASAM level of care and needs for the development of a treatment plan.
Education: A Master’s or Doctorate degree in a health or human services counseling field from an accredited college or university approved by the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists or completion of a program of studies judged by the Board to be substantially equivalent in subject matter and training.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience providing substance abuse counseling to clients.
- Experience creating treatment plans.
- Experience performing intakes and assessments for admission to alcohol and drug counseling programs.
- Case management experience.
- Experience in crisis intervention.
- Letter of Authorization to practice as a trainee from the MD Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Possession of an Alcohol and Drug Trainee Status letter, a CAC-AD or CSC-AD from MD Board of Professional Counselors.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. In accordance with Health Occupations Title 17 and Code of Maryland Regulations 10.58.07, candidates placed in this classification must apply for and receive a letter of authorization to practice as a trainee from the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists within 90 days of their date of hire.
2. Employees must successfully obtain licensure from the Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists as a Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor within one year of meeting the experience requirements for Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. The Certified Eligible list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit. Applications that do not include a completed supplemental questionnaire will be considered incomplete and may be subject to disapproval.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.