Election Program Specialist I
|SBE General Administration
|12/5/2022 09:15:00 AM
|12/19/2022 11:59:00 PM
|$44,804.00 - $71,124.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of specialized clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. Specialized clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work in an office which requires reviewing, verifying and interpreting information in order to make determinations and resolve work problems in accordance with policies, regulations, guidelines and procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of general clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience for each six months of the required experience applying election laws, rules and procedures in a local election office. General clerical, data processing, technical or administrative experience is defined as work performing a variety of duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, inputting data, general computer skills, and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Customer service experience.
2. Data entry experience.
3. Experience communicating verbally and in writing in a professional environment.
4. Experience training adults in a classroom setting.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d), Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may not hold any public office or party office or be a candidate for public or party office or take an active part in political management or political campaigns in accordance with Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.