Watershed Forester **REPOST**
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||8/11/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/15/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,874.00 - $68,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in forestry from a school of forestry accredited by the Society of American Foresters.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master of Science degree approved by the State Board of Foresters for the required Bachelor’s degree.
2. The education requirement is pursuant to Business Occupations and Professions Article, Sections 7-206 and 7-304 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the forestry field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Forest stand data collection and tree planting experience
- Geographic Information System classes or experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification will be subject to assignment in any county of the State. Upon permanent appointment, the employee will be required to reside in the county or region to which they are assigned.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, are required to submit a telephone number where they can be reached in case of forest fire emergencies.