GEOLOGIST III, MARYLAND GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - MD Geological Survey|
|Date Opened||11/11/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,467.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Geology, Environmental Geology or a related earth science.
Experience: Three years of experience performing professional geological work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Geology, Environmental Geology or a related earth science for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in physical science classification or physical science specialty codes in the geology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in hydrogeology.
- Experience in using GIS software and statistical software.
- Experience with technical writing and project management skills.
- Experience with field and laboratory equipment related to hydrogeology.
- Experience in conducting stratigraphic studies, preferably in coastal plain sediments
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to walk over rough or unstable terrain or over long distances while wearing personal protective equipment.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in on a twenty-four hour basis and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|