LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for assisting the Budget Director in the preparation, presentation and monitoring of the Annual Operating Budget. This position will use budget data to create, maintain and update various financial spreadsheets and documents essential in the preparation of the budget. This position will support each division of the agency by providing detailed accounting/budget information which is used when planning and evaluating activities that are required to meet the agency’s goals. This position will also perform the Agency’s monthly reconciliation of the Purchasing and Travel Card Program.
Assist in the budget preparation.
- Prepare and update the Excel files utilized as supporting documentation.
- Assist in creating the presentation package for the Agency’s presentation of its budget request at the DBM budget discussions and the Legislative budget discussions.
Monitor the agency’s budgets.
- Update and maintain the monthly budgetary expenditures for the current fiscal year in various spreadsheets.
- Review budget spreadsheets to identify potential budget deficits/over expenditures.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly budget packages.
- Assist in Annual budget closeout.
Corporate Credit Card Reporting.
- Maintain and update Purchasing and Travel card reports and spreadsheets.
- Responsible for performing monthly reconciliation.
Experience: Five years of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience in budget preparation, presentation and execution for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute 30 credit hours of graduate education from an accredited college or university in accounting, business administration, economics, finance, political science or public administration for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Budget Officer classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Budgeting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. FMIS experience of 1-3 years
2. Experience preparing journal entries
3. Experience with budget preparation and monitoring
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency, Human Resources, 1800 Washington Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21230.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Marcus Staten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.