RETIREMENT BENEFITS SPECIALIST I
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||5/17/2022 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/31/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,166.00 - $64,782.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
The Maryland State Retirement Agency is the administrator of the Maryland State Retirement and Pension System. The System is a multi-employer, public employees’ benefit retirement system composed of twelve (12) separate retirement and pension systems with additional plan components, covering approximately 193,000 active members and more than 170,000 retires and beneficiaries.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Four years and six months of experience responding to inquiries, calculating program eligibility or counseling and advising persons concerning employee benefits in the public or private sector.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and six months of experience responding to inquiries, calculating program eligibility or counseling and advising persons concerning employee benefits in the public or private sector for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Maryland Retirement Coordinator certification issued by the Maryland State Retirement Agency, 120 E. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21202, for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Financial Management classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting and Budget field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties shall be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a Notary Public commission valid in the State of Maryland.