NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN III
Land Management Technician
|Department||DNR - Wildlife and Heritage Service|
|Date Opened||5/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,480.00 - $53,467.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emilee Knott|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Four years of experience, two years of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management and an additional two years of experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries.
1. Candidates may substitute the completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 credit hours must be in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study and two years of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education beyond the 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience operating farming or heavy equipment such as tractors, loaders, dozers, etc. with Commercial Class A or B driver’s license is preferred.
- Experience with animal capture techniques and the collection of biological data used to manage / monitor native wildlife populations is preferred.
- Possession of accredited Wildland fire training and/or experience is preferred.