REVENUE ADMINISTRATOR IV
Taxpayer Services Division
|Department||COMP Revenue Administration|
|Date Opened||5/6/2022 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,481.00 - $84,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||April Hall|
OPEN TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
LOCATION OF POSITION
Experience: Nine years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, the practice of tax law, or general management. Three years of this experience must have involved supervising professional accountants or auditors; giving legal advice requiring the interpretation of tax laws in the capacity of a tax attorney; or must have been in a responsible administrative or management capacity sufficient to demonstrate capabilities of performing responsible staff work.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and five years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, the practice of tax law, or general management for the required experience. Three years of this experience must have involved supervising professional accountants or auditors; giving legal advice requiring the interpretation of tax laws in the capacity of a tax attorney; or must have been in a responsible administrative or management capacity sufficient to demonstrate capabilities of performing responsible staff work.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant for six years of the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute graduate education in an academic field related to the required experience from an accredited college or university at the rate of one year of education for five years of the required general experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in accounting and budget classification or accounting and budget specialty codes in the tax examining field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
** For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous Supervisor/ Managerial Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Organizational skills
- Call Center Experience
- Experience with personal computer and software applications
- Multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge and experience of Maryland State Tax Laws and Forms
- Knowledge and experience of Federal Tax Laws and Forms
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
- Work may involve special physical demands such as lifting 25 to 35 pounds, climbing a ladder, etc.
- Employees are unable to prepare tax returns outside of the requirements of the job or work for private accounting services.
- Employees must be able to tolerate an occasional uncomfortable or unpleasant experiences presented by upset or irate taxpayers.
- This position is designated as emergency essential personnel.
- Employees in this classification are required to travel in the performance of the duties.
- Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last 4 digits of your SS#
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|