CHIEF MARINE ENGINEER
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||9/12/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/8/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18.19 - $28.69/hour|
|HR Analyst||Courtney Blackistone|
*REPOST* Previous applicants do not need to reapply
Long Term Contractual
One (1) vacancy; full-time
Contract Period: One year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience involving the repair and maintenance of marine inboard engines, and mechanical and electrical systems.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience as defined above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a current United States Coast Guard License issued to persons who have served as Chief Engineer on an inland steam or motor vessel of not less than 1000 horsepower for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Capable of operating and maintaining a state vessel, vehicle and trailer in order to assure a safe and ready response in accordance with Departmental policies.
• Experience in the safe operation of hand and power tools.
• Experience in facility maintenance, including, building and seawater system maintenance and repair, vehicle and heavy equipment maintenance, and grounds keeping.
• Organizational skills to include prompt payment of facility bills, arranging for contractors for repairs and maintenance, tracking monthly expenses.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees may be required to possess a vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to obtain a manufacturer training course certificate.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who works an average of at least 12 hours per week. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Laurita Lesperance at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.