MPT Facilities Maintenance Technician - Repost
|Department||MPT - Administration and Support Services|
|Date Opened||12/21/2021 8:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,629.00 - $41,556.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shawann Hudson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Public Television
11767 Owings Mills Blvd
Owings Mills MD 21117
Main Purpose of Job
- Maintain the facilities, plumbing, steam pipes and fittings and makes minor repairs to fixtures.
- Checks and maintains all sewer lines, cleans traps and changes filters.
- Work with and help the facilities staff on special projects such as painting, electrical repairs, set-ups for meetings, courier services, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and monitor the HVAC system.
- Maintain inventory of plumbing supplies and any necessary plumbing equipment or supplies needed to keep the facilities operating.
- Make minor repairs to electrical equipment and building structures.
- Work with the Facilities Staff doing snow/ice removal.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in the maintenance trades to include two (2) years experience in electricity, plumbing, refrigeration or air-conditioning.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The online applications are recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to Maryland Public Television – HR, 11767 Owings Mills Blvd., Owings Mills, MD 21117. Paper application materials must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-581-4382. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or .
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.