ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||2/25/2021 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,410.00 - $58,943.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Miller|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MPCTC, Public Safety Education and Training Center
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
Review and process documents to establish and renew the certification of mandated law enforcement and correctional personnel, processing of derogatory information, verification of reported training and required selection standards for hiring, as well as the review and approval of training programs and instructor credentials.
• Processes Correctional and Law Enforcement personnel applications for certification, and renewals of certification cards based on COMAR requirements.
• Completes the initial review of applications, enters identified derogatory information on application tracker and forwards to the Certification Administrator for follow up.
• Generate and distribute certification correspondence and specialized reports including rosters and non-compliance reports to agencies.
• Interprets administrative decisions and policies in order to process certifications.
• Print and mail law enforcement and corrections personnel certification and provisional certification cards.
• Import training records and provide responses to agencies needing to resolve issues.
• Process and enter database status updates for Law Enforcement and Corrections personnel into Skills Manager database.
• Perform general administrative duties, such as filing, scanning, shredding, preparing requisitions and other various tasks.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience performing administrative duties with one year reviewing and interpreting departmental policies, regulations and/or state laws.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
• Experience with data entry while interpreting criteria, rules or statutes for processing.
• Experience using interpersonal and communication skills in a team environment to accomplish the identified goals.
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license, valid in the State of Maryland.
**Selected candidate MUST successfully complete a background investigation.**
Anticipated Work Schedule:
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 410-484-5929. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to email@example.com referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5929 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or 410-767-4850.
ATTN: Jacqueline Miller
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.