Public Information Act (PIA) Manager
PROGRAM MANAGER I
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||12/22/2022 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/5/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Directs and manages the processing of all PIA requests
- Establishes a sophisticated tracking system for tracking, response and reporting.
- Works closely with the agency’s legal team to assemble responses, including data and documents, and assesses and collects service fees
- Reviews and redacts records to assure legal sufficiency.
- Coordinates PIA efforts amongst inter and intra Departmental record custodians and ancillary divisions.
- Serves as the point of contact for the Attorney General's Office, the PIA Compliance Board and Public Access Ombudsman.
- Directs and manages the daily operations of the Department's PIA compliance and response effort.
- Evaluates the Department's efficiency and compliance with PIA Requirements.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If you are unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-333-8950 or mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Individuals with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.