Senior Research & Data Specialist
Education Program Spec II
|MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent
|8/19/2021 11:59:00 PM
|9/2/2021 11:59:00 PM
|$70,280.00 - $112,848.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Access, collect, describe, and analyze data for use in decision-making by the agency and State Board of Education.
- Design and execute projects from agency’s research agenda by developing research questions and appropriate study design/methodology; conducting rigorous statistical data analysis; and interpreting and communicating results.
- Coordinate with external research partners by evaluating external research requests.
- Communicate findings of research to appropriate audience.
- Write reviews of extant research on a variety of education-related topics.
- Evaluate research on educational programs, activities, and interventions to determine whether research meets standards of quality and rigor.
- Provide data and research to support initiatives run by the agency’s other offices and divisions.
- Collect and analyze data on behalf of the agency’s other offices and divisions such that they can monitor and evaluate their programs (for example, by designing and administering surveys or supporting the development of other data collection tools).
- Conduct data collection, data analysis, empirical research, and/or program evaluations on behalf of or in collaboration with local school systems.
- Provide training and technical support to local school systems such that they can conduct data collection, data analysis, empirical research, and/or program evaluations.
Education: A Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of administrative or teaching experience in, or affiliated with, an education program, including two years of experience in coordinating or administering an education program or service directly related to the position option.
1. Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree at an accredited college or university in a field related to the position for one year of the required experience.
3. The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.