NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST II
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - Tidewater|
|Date Opened||5/3/2021 4:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/17/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,989.00 - $71,606.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology or a natural resources management related field of study from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management.
1. Candidates may substitute additional professional experience conducting research and analysis in the fields of biology, biochemistry, environmental science, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management or zoology on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate education beyond a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study as described above at the rate of 15 graduate credit hours for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience in ecological sampling of aquatic ecosystems including the use of electrofishing techniques, benthic macroinvertebrate sampling techniques, physical habitat assessments, and/or geomorphology assessments.
2. Experience with experimental design and statistical analysis of ecological datasets using the R programming language.
3. Experience with taxonomy and ecology of stream fishes, benthic macroinvertebrates, herpetofauna, crayfishes, and freshwater mussels.
4. Experience with assessment and evaluation of environmental best management practices used in stream and watershed restoration.
5. Experience with analysis of living resource, habitat, and water quality data to produce technical and public-friendly reports.
6. Experience with the use of software including Access, Excel, and ESRI (or other GIS software).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|