|Department||DHS Family Investment Administration - Operations|
|Date Opened||5/18/2021 11:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971.00 - $66,155.00/year with potential growth up to $81,596.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
THE CLOSING DATE HAS BEEN EXTENDED. IF YOU PREVIOUSLY APPLIED, THERE IS NO NEED TO REAPPLY.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Family Investment Administration
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to administer and maintain the integrity of the Maryland Office for Refugees and Asylee’s (MORA’s) database management system. As a Database Manager, the incumbent has the primary responsibility for providing support and technical assistance to both internal and external database users within the MORA service provider network. This position collaborates and coordinates with the DHS Information Technology staff as well as system developers to establish statistical methodology and reporting standards. This position works to establish data collection and validation methods to ensure the accuracy of federal and state reports and other data inquiries. The incumbent presents reports and recommendations relevant to program performance and outcomes, costs, and projected future needs. This position assists in preparing the annual State Plan, annual goal plans for the State’s MFR (Managing for Results) and the federal Office of Refugee Resettlement GPRA (Government Performance and Results Act). She or he is a subject matter expert on issues related to program data and as such advises FIA leadership and the Program Director.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience in data mining, data analysis, data processing and/or managing a database.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, IT, Business, or related field of study.
- One year of experience in Tableau and/or Qlik experience or related Data Analytic Tool.
- One year of experience evaluating programs for impact and effectiveness, and to identify problem areas and make recommendations for improvement.
- Excellent analytical ability, consultative, presentation and management skills, and strong judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to interact effectively with all levels of stakeholders.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload.
If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-8844. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.