NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER III
Conservation Easement Planner
|Department||DNR - Maryland Environmental Trust|
|Date Opened||9/10/2021 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/24/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,881.00 - $76,432.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Environmental Trust (MET) accepts conservation easements to protect Maryland’s most treasured landscapes and natural resources. Currently MET holds more than 1,100 conservation easements on over 136,000 acres of significant environmental, scenic, agricultural, historic and cultural land in Maryland.
MET located in Crownsville, Maryland is currently accepting applications for a Natural Resource Planner III to serve as a Conservation Easement Planner. The primary purpose of the Conservation Easement Planner position is to actively conserve land by conducting outreach, soliciting, negotiating, drafting and completing conservation easement acquisitions. Duties involve conservation planning; assessing/evaluating conservation attributes of land; preparing baseline documentation; corresponding and working with landowners, local land trusts, conservation not-for-profit organizations, County staff, the Office of the Attorney General and staff of other state agencies to complete conservation easement acquisitions.
This position assists MET’s Stewardship Program with the monitoring and stewardship of the portfolio of conservation easements. The position will represent MET regionally and statewide through presentations, conferences, seminars and meetings and will collaborate with other State land conservation programs such as Rural Legacy, Maryland Agricultural Land Preservation Foundation, Forest Legacy and Program Open Space.
The position may be assigned to work in one or more regions of the State.
Please note, this position requires field work which could result in exposure to hot and cold weather, rain, snow, biting insects, poison ivy and sun exposure.
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
Experience: Three years of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science.
1. Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science may be substituted for the required education.
2. Possession of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental, urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, biological, chemical or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the minimum and selective qualifications to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of experience working with Geographic Information System applications such as ArcGIS.
2. One year of experience managing natural resource projects or land conservation/preservation projects.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience working with landowners interested in permanently conserving their property.
Experience drafting and negotiating permanent land conservation easements.
Knowledge/experience with state or federal land preservation programs and tools related to land acquisition and conservation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|