|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||10/19/2021 2:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/7/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$39,768.00 - $62,882.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
Long Term Contractual
One vacancy; full-time
Contract Period: One year with the possibility of renewal
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in forestry from a school of forestry accredited by the Society of American Foresters.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master of Science degree approved by the State Board of Foresters for the required bachelor’s degree.
2. The education requirement is pursuant to Business Occupations and Professions Article, Sections 7-206 and 7-304 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the forestry field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP)
• Experience with forestry data collection
• Experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS), specifically ArcGIS software
• Experience identifying or controlling forest-related invasive species
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification will be subject to assignment in any county of the State. Upon permanent appointment, the employee will be required to reside in the county or region to which they are assigned.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, are required to submit a telephone number where they can be reached in case of forest fire emergencies.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all education and experience related to the essential functions of this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who works an average of at least 12 hours per week. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.