MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SENIOR
|Department||MDP Museum Services|
|Date Opened||4/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/15/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Dionne Core|
This is a full-time Contractual position with the Maryland Historical Trust /Jefferson Patterson Park and Museum (JPPM), located within the Maryland Department of Planning. Located on 560 scenic acres along the Patuxent River in Calvert County, Maryland, JPPM is home to over 65 archaeological sites, more than 30 historic buildings and structures, and the Maryland Archaeological Conservation Laboratory. JPPM supports the preservation of Maryland's cultural resources and connects people to the past through the preservation and interpretation of our onsite historical and archaeological resources. www.jefpat.org
LOCATION OF POSITION
Examples of work may include:
- Maintains routine records;
- Performs preventative maintenance, construction and repair work at the semi skilled level in several trades;
- Prepares walls for painting;
- Erects temporary or permanent fencing;
- Resurfaces roadways and walks;
- Installs signage;
- Performs event set-up (including erecting tents), trash removal, and break down;
- May inspect buildings and grounds for adherence to institutional safety and sanitary regulations;
- May operate and repair equipment, automobiles, pick up and panel trucks, dump trucks, tractors, and power mowers;
- Performs grounds maintenance including brush mowing, edging, pruning, removing downed trees, clearing public trails, etc.;
- Performs other related duties.
Education: Eighth grade.
Experience: Four years of experience in any combination of the maintenance trades, three years must be in the trades of electricity, plumbing, steam fitting, refrigeration or air conditioning.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in any of the maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for up to three years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a degree from an accredited vocational or technical high school with a major in Building Maintenance or a related field for up to three years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in utilities repair classifications or construction and engineering specialty codes in any combination of maintenance trades, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service needs to be provided before hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are not able to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston St., Suite 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: For inquiries regarding this recruitment, please call 410 767-7950
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the on-line or paper application. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling 410-767-3623.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|