HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR II
|Department||MDH RICA Baltimore|
|Date Opened||9/20/2022 07:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/10/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.76 - $18.27 with growth to $22.34/hour|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Wilson|
We'll be hosting our own job fair on 10/5/22 from 10:00 am - 2:00pm at 605 S. Chapel Gate Lane, Baltimore, MD 21229. Onsite application submission as well as onsite interviews will be available.
RICA Baltimore is currently looking for a Housekeeping Supervisor for the evening shift.
Shift: 1:00pm - 9:30pm
LOCATION OF POSITION
605 S. Chapel Gate Lane
Baltimore, MD 21229
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for facility wide standard of cleanliness requirements, requisitioning of supplies, materials and subordinate training related to job function and verbal and written reports to supervisors
- Actively participates in Environmental Life Safety functions involving the training of staff regarding, Personal Protective Equipment, handling and mixing of chemicals, safe storage and accountability of chemicals utilized and stored and formal environmental rounds of all buildings as required by policies and procedures and Joint Commission requirements, to determine if standard of cleanliness requirements are met and maintained.
- Assesses the performance of the housekeeping staff with regard to the written standard of cleanliness and writing preliminary competency evaluations and training for subordinates, counsel and provide instruction whenever necessary for disciplinary purposes and write or assist the Maintenance Supervisor with position MS22 updates.
- Responsible for periodic general periodic cleaning (Washing Walls, Windows, High Dusting and assisting subordinates when needed. Directly, responsible for periodic floor care associated with stripping, waxing and buffing floors.
- In consonance with the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for evaluating subordinates, counseling and providing instruction for improvement and or disciplinary purposes, and updating MS-22 forms by following RICA-CEC guidelines.
Experience: One year of experience supervising specific phases of housekeeping activities in a State facility or other public building.
Experience: Five years of full-time experience in a housekeeping operation at a school, hospital, hotel or other institution, two years of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to be present for duty on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. Employees required to work on those days will receive compensatory time off on other days.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to live on the grounds of the assigned institution or agency.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.