NATURAL RESOURCES BIOLOGIST II
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||2/3/2020 07:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,106.00 - $70,201.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology or physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology or a natural resources management related field of study from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in performing professional biological work in the field of natural resources management.
1. Additional professional experience conducting research and analysis in the fields of biology, biochemistry, environmental science, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management or zoology may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute graduate education beyond a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study as described above at the rate of 15 graduate credits for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the wildlife biology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience operating, trailering, and performing basic maintenance on motorized watercraft is preferred.
2. Experience with data management and analysis programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, R, and SAS is strongly preferred.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the state of Maryland.