MSP PILOT II
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||9/22/2020 1:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/15/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$75,389.00 - $99,482.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Blake|
This is an INTERNAL RECRUITMENT restricted to current full-time, permanent and contractual Maryland State Police Employees only and full-time employees working with the Maryland State Police by contract.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP, Trooper 5, Cumberland Section
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two thousand helicopter flight hours as an FAA certificated pilot.
1. Twelve hundred helicopter flight hours as an FAA certificated pilot and three years of experience piloting Aviation Command’s aircraft may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Fifteen hundred helicopter flight hours, three hundred of which consists of piloting Aviation Command’s aircraft may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Naval Aviation Pilot classifications or Rotary Wing Aviator, Pilot, or Pilots/Naval Flight Officers specialty codes in the Piloting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain a FAA Commercial Helicopter certification.
2. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain FAA 2nd Class Physical certification.
3. Employees in this classification must possess and maintain an acceptable Instrument Helicopter as determined by FAA regulations and required by the MSP Aviation Command.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of this position.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
ATTN: Mr. Jay Diggs
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.