ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||12/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $65,138.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aimee Ringgold|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Provide general assistance to Senior Advertising Manager in the administration of the Lottery’s advertising program. Duties include
· Prepares work flow charts to be used by Creative Services department and advertising agencies for numerous advertising projects. Develops, monitors and communicates project timelines to department managers, gets feedback or edits to creative materials from managers, summarizes recommendations and communicates changes to advertising agency.
· Manages the administrative tracking and fulfillment of various deliverables for Creative Services’ very active sponsorship and promotions program. Requires interacting with several external organizations and internal departments.
· Assists Senior Advertising Manager in the planning and execution of the Lottery’s print advertising efforts by reviewing and commenting on advertising layouts to ensure accuracy and delivery of strategic messaging. Summarizes requested changes and communicates/coordinates with advertising agency.
· Assists senior Creative Services department members in the administrative processing of advertising estimates, authorizations, schedules and invoices.
· Collects and compiles information from both primary and secondary sources, reviews materials collected and determines pertinent information that would be impactful to the Lottery’s marketing programs. Prepares PowerPoint (or comparable) presentations, summary reports (including analysis and recommendations derived from the information) for senior department members to use in meetings and planning discussions.
Schedules meetings, prepares agendas and summarizes discussions and next steps in conference-type reports. Provides other general administrative support as requested.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired or Preferred:
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Marketing Experience in advertising, promotions and/or sponsorship
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper applications.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
ATTN: Human Resources Department, Aimee Ringgold
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330, Baltimore, MD 21230
Phone: 410-230-8766 Fax: 410-230-5591
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE DATE LISTED ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE CONSIDERED.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.