VETERAN BENEFITS SPECIALIST II
|Department||DVA Service Program|
|Date Opened||2/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,078.00 - $55,270.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Althea Gibson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
51 Mannakee Street
Rockville, MD 20780
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: One year of experience providing services to veterans and their dependents.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous claims handling experience with veterans, their dependents and families regarding their benefits, services, medical care and pension.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Local laws concerning the benefits, privileges and obligations to veterans and their families.
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with staff members and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidential records and files.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Title 38, United States Code, Section 5901-5905 requires that employees in this classification be certified as a veterans’ services counselor by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
For inquiries regarding this recruitment, please call 410-767-4850.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.