OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Headquarters|
|Date Opened||11/18/2019 2:12:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,559.00 - $36,467.00 with progression to $44,455.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Melva Williams|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for providing clerical support to the Procurement Manager, perform data entry of all requisitions for the Workforce and Technology Center (WTC) and the Division of Rehabilitation Services Headquarters (DORS HQ) through the Financial Management Information System (FMIS), and maintain inventory control for supplies in the DORS mail/supply room.
The Office Services Clerk enters all administrative requisitions into FMIS for DORS, assist with the entry of specifications for commodities and facilities maintenance services contracts, and distribute all approved purchase orders to vendors, agency staff, and DORS receiving unit. Maintain logs of requisitions and purchase orders. Input monthly credit card entries into database and manage the inventory supplies for the Administrative supply room. Assist the DORS Procurement Office with various procurement activities such as, but not limited to, recording bid results, maintaining procurement files, and mailing bid information.
Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience with FMIS (Financial Management Information Systems) or a similar financial management information system
- Experience with data entry
- Experience processing purchase orders
- Experience managing inventory supplies in an office environment
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Do not write "see resume.”
Applicants must complete the MD State Government on-line application for employment recruitment #19-001376-0111. The Application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the prerequisite Minimum Qualifications for the position.
Paper applications can be completed and faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resource Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. To obtain a paper application visit our website dors.maryland.gov or marylandpublicschools.org. TDD (410) 554-9399. Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9424. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.