|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||10/9/2019 11:02:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,601.00 - $61,038.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in forestry from a school of forestry accredited by the Society of American Foresters.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master of Science degree approved by the State Board of Foresters for the required Bachelor’s degree.
2. The education requirement is pursuant to Business Occupations and Professions Article, Sections 7-206 and 7-304 of the Annotated Code of Maryland.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the forestry field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience with wildfire suppression and heavy equipment operation
Experience with GIS programs and mapping
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification will be subject to assignment in any county of the State. Upon permanent appointment, the employee will be required to reside in the county or region to which they are assigned.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and therefore, are required to submit a telephone number where they can be reached in case of forest fire emergencies.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources Human Resources 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.