MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Soft Goods
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||3/9/2018 9:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/23/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Eltaray McCullough|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Correctional Enterprises
Central Warehouse #150
7275 Waterloo Road
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for training and supervising an inmate work force in the operation of textile production. Works with full independence in an assigned production process and reviews the work of inmate trainees.
· Customer Service Skills
· Assist organizing daily deliveries, pick-ups, exchanges, in geographic region.
· Prioritize deliveries and schedule/verify driver availability.
· Assure that orders are completed and checked 24 hrs. before next day delivery.
· Log incoming freight from MCE shops.
· Responsible for inmate supervision and filing proper reports for any incidents reported.
· Receive and assign inmate workforce proper position.
· Must maintain continual head count of all assigned inmates.
· Check inmates out at end of day.
· Tracks all Incoming and Outgoing Pick orders.
· Manage inmate workforce on floor at all times.
· Responsible for proper handling of stock.
· Administration - movement reports, in house purchases orders, purchase orders, receiving
reports along with reports required by the Manager, Textile coordinator and MCE
Headquarters as required.
· Responsible for tracking Warehouse Open Orders.
· Assist routing and dispatching Furniture, Chemical, Graphics, Quickship, Textile and
Shoe Distribution deliveries to proper location.
· Review customer issues related to overdue orders.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One (1) year of experience in the operations of textile production (such as working with industrial sewing equipment, garment manufacturing or cutting fabric).
Notes: 1. Specific educational requirements and other selection standards are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code and are listed in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One (1) year of experience in garment construction in apparel industry.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the “other” tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
MD Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: E. McCullough
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3087.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|