MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Soft Goods
Warehouse Supervisor ***REPOSTED***
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||5/21/2018 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/4/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Eltaray McCullough|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Correctional Enterprises
Central Warehouse #150
7275 Waterloo Road
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
· Responsible for filing proper reports for any incident.
· Manage inmate work force to load vehicles & maintain warehouse operations.
· Maintain continual head count of all assigned inmates.
· Assist checking in the inmates and Inmate Orientation.
· Track Inmate Payroll.
· Distribute incoming, outgoing orders and verify loads pulled and loaded.
· Log in-coming freight from MCE Plants/Vendors and assure proper storage.
· Dispatching assistance
· Manage drivers/traffic in Dock Doors
· Customer Service
· Move job, disposal and storage quotes and scheduling
· Responsible for inventory control procedures.
· Collect Fleet Inspection forms, EZpass and MFOMS
· Schedule Warehouse 150 Fleet maintenance.
· Help in other areas of the Business Unit.
· Review customer issues related to overdue orders
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One (1) year of experience in the operations of Warehousing/Inventory/Building repairs (such as working with inventory control, tracking finished goods, dispatching, maintenance and repair of buildings/construction services, the ability to repair furniture items, customer service and supervising inmates).
1. Specific educational requirements and other selection standards are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code and are listed in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One (1) year of experience in store keeping or warehouse operations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the “other” tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
MD Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: E. McCullough
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3087.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.