PROGRAM SUPPORT SPECIALIST
IT Functional Analyst II
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||3/7/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017 - $56,999/year, with progression to $70,265.|
|HR Analyst||Ari Ross|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is located in the Department of General Services, Facilities Operations & Maintenance Division, located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to assist the Program Manager with the daily operations and work flow of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). The CMMS system is a robust asset management system providing advanced data analytics and reporting. This position will provide daily oversight of work flow and craft Standard Operating Procedures; act as team leader for training, and represent the Program Manager at meetings and trainings in their absence. Finally, this position will oversee system information and updates to ensure data integrity.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist the Program Manager with the development of program policies and standard operating procedures. Recommend methods of operation. Research and compile information. Work with sensitive and confidential information requiring discretion and judgment.
- Assist the Program Manager with ongoing training presentations. Prepare Microsoft Office presentations and handouts. Manage the training program calendar, events and room set-ups. Travel to different DGS locations throughout the State to conduct or assist with trainings and/or system issues.
- Coordinate data uploads with the assistance of eMaint, our CMMS system vendor. Ensure that information is correct and loaded into the system properly. Run reports on a weekly basis for senior management.
- Act as the representative for the Program Manager in meetings and trainings in their absence. Act as team leader in oversight of call center personnel and their work load. Work on a continual basis to roll out and maintain new system modules and updates.
- This position will travel locally about 10% on an as-needed basis to provide training to system users.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: One year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
2. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Administrative support experience, to include functions such as managing calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing presentation handouts, researching and compiling information, and running reports, is strongly preferred.
2. Customer service experience, especially in a helpdesk or call center environment, is strongly preferred.
3. Experience organizing, developing and conducting training presentations is strongly preferred.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
To submit additional information, please upload an attachment to your application.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-4988 with questions about this recruitment.
The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Room 1207, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are also encouraged to apply.
Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity, as an equal opportunity employer.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|