ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I (PART-TIME)
|Department||DNR - Land Acquisition and Planning|
|Date Opened||2/22/2018 9:08:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/8/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$18,278.00 - $28,904.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
For education obtained outside of the United States (U.S.), you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the U.S., please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html prior to hire.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the minimum and selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
If not using the substitution(s) noted above, then one year experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access to create documents, spreadsheets and reports is required.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications; please include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. Professional experience with the State’s Board of Public Works process.
2. Professional experience with the Maryland State Clearinghouse for Intergovernmental Assistance process.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.