CALL CENTER QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST
|Department||MDH Health Professionals Boards and Commissions|
|Date Opened||12/5/2017 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.53 - $27.72/hour|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Health
Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission
Main Purpose of Job
The Quality Assurance Specialist (QAS) provides clerical and administrative support to the Quality Assurance Manager (QAM) for the overall improvement in the MMCC patient program. The Quality Assurance (QA) department is responsible for the processing of patient registry information.
1. Receives and reviews patient registry information, ensure applications are completed accurately, must be detailed oriented.
2. Answer inbound and place outbound calls, multitask while on the phone.
3. Enters MMCC Occurrences into the Database, escalates concern to management.
4. Assists with follow up over the phone and/or through email to respond to customer needs and requests.
5. Review printed materials for accuracy prior to disseminating to recipients.
6. Responsible for issuance of registry deliverables.
7. Conducts preliminary investigations into registry issues and provides findings to Quality Assurance Manager (QAM), for follow up and review.
8. Works with the dispensary technicians and physicians to expedite orders.
9. Works in collaboration with the QAM to meet department goals and objectives.
10. Actively contributes to the evaluation and continuous improvement of client services, policies and procedures.
11. Assists with ensuring safety policy and procedures are practiced and adhered.
12. Enforces all MMCC and departmental policies and procedures.
13. Complies with all applicable state and federal regulations related to medical cannabis practices.
14. Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum of one (1) year working in a long-term care call center or as a dispensary technician in a retail environment or Long Term Care dispensary. Experience with alpha-numeric data entry is preferred.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: Maryland Department of Health, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the Maryland Department of Health Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.