Chief Dental Officer
|Department||MDH Health Professionals Boards and Commissions|
|Date Opened||3/7/2017 11:24:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$73,612.00 to $118,197.00/yr.(Salary Negotiable)|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DHMH, Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position will function as the Chief Dental Officer within the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners. The main purpose of this position is to advance the goal of protecting the public by providing dental training to all stakeholders, including licensees, board members, staff, dental associations, government officials and others. This position will recommend educational remediation stipulations in Board Orders. This position will provide expert advice to the Compliance Unit, as needed, and provide expert dental analysis, summations and prioritization for all new complaints that are reviewed by the Triage Committee. This position is a key position of which enhances the Board's capability of identifying, communicating, and implementing critical programming, training and/or outreach needs. Additionally, this position will: (a) recruit expert witnesses, sedation and anesthesia evaluators to assist the Board in fulfilling its mission; (b) develop communication mediums that will be provided to stakeholders; (c) recognize emergent dental trends; (d) review the clinical aspects of proposed regulations/legislation; (e) represent the Board at meetings and other functions; (f) develop outreach opportunities, which will inform stakeholders of the Board's mission; and, (g) handle other special projects as directed by the Executive Director and/or the Board. This managerial position will report to the Executive Director of the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Dental Examiners under the licensing requirements for Dentists.
Experience: Two years of experience in the practice of dentistry.
1. A Master’s degree in Public Health may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dental Officer classifications or Dental Corpsman or Officer specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate will have managerial experience overseeing the administrative and clinical operations of a dental office. Also, the preferred candidate should possess a DDS or DMD degree from an accredited college or university, and have five years experience in the practice of dentistry.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dentist from the State Board of Dental Examiners, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215-2299. Please upload a copy of your license verification to your application or include your license number and expiration date on the application.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess or be eligible to obtain controlled substances registration certificates as issued by the Federal government and the State of Maryland in order to prescribe narcotic medication.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Applicants may be given a medical examination prior to appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.