COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSE II
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||12/6/2017 12:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $56,999.00/year, with potential growth to $70,265.00|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide nursing services for Health Department programs for clients in a clinic, home or community setting.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience as a registered nurse for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute two years of experience as a registered nurse for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to vaccinate babies, children and adults
- Experience with case management
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. **Please be sure to include a copy of your current licensure with your completed application.**
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.