SECURITY ATTENDANT LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
|Department||MDH Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||6/8/2017 10:44:00 AM|
|Salary||$47,407.00 - $75,675.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, Jessup, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides direct nursing care and participates in activities that are essential for the treatment and rehabilitation of mentally ill patients housed in a maximum-security facility.
Education: Determined by the Maryland Board of Nursing under Licensing Requirements for Practical Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience in direct patient care in a psychiatric setting.
NOTE: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing or Health Care Specialist specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as Practical Nurse from the Maryland Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your license or license number must accompany your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in State of Maryland.
1. Prior to permanent appointment employees must satisfactorily complete a Department of Health and Mental Hygiene approved in-service training program which includes modules in Behavior Management, Maladaptive Behaviors and Emotional Disturbance, Patients of Aggressive Behavior, Socialization and Vocational Skills, Resident Rights and conditions and procedures of court commitments and releases.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|