OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||Office of Administrative Hearings|
|Date Opened||12/18/2017 3:06:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/3/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Cora|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- proofread, revise and mail decisions, orders and prehearing conference reports, ensuring that they are issued in accordance with established timeframes, policies and procedures.
- prepare exhibit lists; document all actions in the Caseload system; close out profile and review all fields for proper format.
- prepare default orders for ALJs and draft correspondence for ALJs signature;
- coordinate ALJs calendar with appropriate parties to ensure proper scheduling;
- maintain case files by organizing documents, recording documents in the Caseload system, and assembling exhibits;
- close out cases that have been withdrawn, settled or cancelled, and prepare and mail case closed letters to pertinent parties;
- assist with secretarial support work on other teams as needed.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
All persons who meet the minimum qualifications and recruitment limitations will be approved on the certification list. Please be sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information must be submitted by the closing date in order to be considered.
Resumes will not be accepted in place of the application form.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to: OAH Personnel Office, 11101 Gilroy Road, Hunt Valley, MD 21031.
The paper application must be received by 4 pm on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, contact Janet Cora at 410-229-4115.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.