MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SENIOR
|Department||DJS Southern Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||11/27/2017 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/11/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,048.00 - $42,102.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Wendy Dixon|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Thomas J. S. Waxter Children's Center
375 Red Clay Road,
Laurel, MD 20724
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Four years of experience in any combination of the maintenance trades of which three years shall have been in the trades of electricity, plumbing, steam fitting, refrigeration or air conditioning.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in any of the maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for up to three years of the required education.
2. A degree from an accredited vocational or technical high school with a major in Building Maintenance or a related field may be substituted for up to three years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in utilities repair classifications or construction and engineering specialty codes in any combination of maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Possession of a High School Diploma or GED
2. Possession of a Trade Certificate in the trades of electricity, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpentry and ground maintenance.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of license/certificate to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Wendy Dixon
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.