SOCIAL WORKER ADVANCED, CRIMINAL JUSTICE
|Department||DJS Baltimore City Region - Community Services|
|Date Opened||2/11/2013 1:21:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,815.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
By law, DJS is a child-serving agency responsible for assessing the individual needs of referred youth and providing intake, detention, probation, commitment, and after-care services. DJS collaborates with youth, families, schools, community partners, law enforcement, and other public agencies to coordinate services and resources to contribute to safer communities.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
A Social Worker Advanced, Criminal Justice is the advanced level of professional social work providing expert clinical and therapeutic social work services in behavioral health to the most clinically demanding of youth involved with the Department of Juvenile Services.
DJS on an ongoing basis recruits to fill vacant Social Worker Advanced, Criminal Justice positions at the Department of Juvenile Services. A Social Worker Advanced, Criminal Justice is the advanced level of professional social work providing expert clinical and therapeutic social work services in behavioral health to the most clinically demanding of youth involved with the Department of Juvenile Services. The social worker represents the Behavioral health team in the detention facility completing forensic and placement assessments and developing recommendations for services to youth that will meet their needs.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Three years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic or other social work services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling or forensic social work services.
1. A doctoral degree in social work from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience providing clinical services to an adolescent population with mental health or substance abuse issues.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department. Submit with the application a copy of current license or fax copy of current license to DJS-OHR, Recruitment & Examination Unit at 410-333-4188.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services must qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. However, if online access is not available, you may mail a paper application and copy of your current license to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of your current license to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your first and last name, recruitment number that is located at the top of this bulletin and the last 4 digits of your social security number. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
Office of Human Resources
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number: 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|