SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||8/9/2012 8:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,214.00 - $69,215/year with potential growth to $85,398.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
This is a statewide recruitment for the Department of Human Services (DHS). The posting is open and continuous; we accept applications for this classification year round.
The resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future Social Worker Supervisor, Family Services vacancies within DHS and its offices, located in each of Maryland's counties and in Baltimore City. Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification.
A master’s degree with the specific major title of “Social Work” (MSW) is the only acceptable education qualification for this classification. You must possess an MSW, or be within six months of receiving one, to meet minimum qualifications for this classification; there are no substitutions. Please clearly indicate your college education information on your application.
LOCATION OF POSITION
This Statewide recruitment is reopened to allow additional candidates to apply and to establish a list of eligible candidates to be used to fill current and future vacancies occurring in our Local Department of Social Services throughout the State.
Applicants should indicate on their applications all counties (or Baltimore City) where they are willing to accept employment for this classification. As positions become available, our Local Departments of Social Services will consider candidates from the eligible list who have selected the local department's location on their application.
This is the is the supervisory level of professional social work providing preventive or protective services to vulnerable adults, children or families. Cases involve suspected child or adult abuse or neglect, out of home placement, guardianship or emergency protective orders, adoption or adult case management. Employees in this classification supervise lower-level social workers.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
EDUCATION: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience providing child welfare or adult services to vulnerable children, individuals or families.
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Section 1 of Article 88A of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
PLEASE ATTACH/UPLOAD A COPY OF ANY CURRENT MARYLAND SOCIAL WORK LICENSURE YOU POSSESS WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a Certified Social Worker or Certified Social Worker-Clinical by the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners for a period of time specified by the Board prior to appointment to social work supervisor positions in State service. (COMAR 10.42.08.04 effective July 1, 2004.)
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT AS A SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR, FAMILY SERVICES:
Experience. A supervisor shall have completed one of the following:
(a) 18 months of active social work experience after obtaining an LCSW or LCSW-C;
(b) 18 months of active social work experience as a social worker licensed by an out-of-State licensing board at a level comparable to the LCSW or LCSW-C;
(c) 60 months of social work experience as a licensed graduate social worker or its equivalent before obtaining an the LCSW or LCSW-C license;
OR (d) 96 months of social work experience as a licensed social work associate or its equivalent before obtaining the LCSW or LCSW-C license.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees who have not already done so must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test before being granted permanent employment status.
2. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Resources. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best-Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for twelve months. This list will be used by hiring agencies to select employees as positions become available.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-8844.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|